Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Welcome!

Meeting people who love animals is always an adventure. They each have wonderful stories to tell about dogs, cats, or wildlife they have met along the way.
In a few, short months in the whirl of social media I have met lots of wonderful people, all advocates of animal welfare. Each person is helping in their own sweet way to make the world a better place for one precious pet to helping thousands of animals after a disaster.
One thing I learned very quickly while researching the internet is there are many sad, horrific stories about animals. I found myself feeling constantly broken-hearted and overwhelmed. Since I specialize in painting images to make you smile,this was definitely not a good thing. So I made it a mission to seek out positive stories that I will post here for all of us.
Sometimes we just need a little reminder that there is great good in the world and we can rest our weary minds by dwelling on that good, if only for a little while. Then we can go forward, refueled, to right wrongs and to make the world a better place.

2 comments:

  1. Sherry!!! what a wonderful idea for a blog. Thank you so much for launching something for the little ones who cannot speak for themselves.
    pughugs from the Medina Foster Home for Wayward Pugs
    xxxoooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy, Thanks so much! I'm working hard to come up with great stories to make you smile!

    ReplyDelete